I was a little skeptical about trying out new food because I haven't been very adventurous with new stuffs especially for a person of my age. Well... if you are wondering what pan mee is for my fellow Sarawakian friends... here is a picture to satisfy your eyes with.
The noodles are served with a bowl of mani cai, which is a term known to all Sarawakians. Hmm... I am not sure what it is called in Cantonese but it looks like this...
Usually, we will stir fry mani cai but here, they serve it as soup, which I find quite amusing and it is something different!
According to my elder son, Super Kitchen is famous for their chilli pan mee. I have heard about pan mee before especially about how spicy this chilly made up of dried chilli can be. So, when I was there, I decided to go easy and added one and a half teaspoons of it into the noodles.
The trick is to mix up all the ingredients in the bowl and if you are someone who loves spicy food, you can always opt to add more dry chillies.

Mix, mix, mix... sounds like kueh chap pulak. Hahaha...
My final verdict after finishing it up, "Thumbs up! I shall come back one of these days for more chilli pan mee soon!"


No comments:
Post a Comment