Monday, August 9, 2010

Family

I am happily married to my loving husband and we live in a small town in Sarawak with our three beautiful children. I still remember how I fell in love with my husband. His caring and loving nature towards my parents and me captivated my heart. Recalling how he went to Kuching to visit me by express boat and flight almost every week during our courtship period. I was a young teacher teaching in a prominent secondary school in Kuching at that time. Those wonderful dating memories. Counting back, we have been married for 25 years (we got married in year 1984).


We like to bring our children back to Sarikei to visit my brothers, sisters, nieces and nephews (their 'ah kiu', 'ah kin', 'biao ge', 'biao jie', 'e e', 'e zan'). I want to strengthen the relatives ties between them all. Family and relatives are the most important people in our life and I want my children to respect them and to know them well. If not, their 'Sejarah' project will be like my daughter's project. She wrote that she was a 'Hokkien' instead of 'Cantonese' cos we used to speak 'Hokkien' with them at home. Kids 'memang' kids. I asked her to correct the error but I think she forgot to do so. The funny thing is her two younger brothers also followed her lame mistake.


I love my family and I am willing to spend my time and money on them but I believe those are not enough for them. I invest love and energy in them. I also bring my children to church every Sunday with my husband (he is a Catholic). I am brought up in a strong Methodist family background but I believe Christianity is the same for all. I was baptised as a Catholic eventually and attended classes for Holy Communion and Confirmation with my children. Faith is really important and it keeps me strong spiritually.


P/S:
Today is my son's birthday and I better get ready with fried chicken, his favourite.

No comments: